Apple states that an iPad battery should last up to ten hours under normal use. However, you can increase the speed by making some adjustments to the settings of your Ipad and using it in a way that will use the least amount of power. Here are some ways to do that:
- Adjust the screen brightness on you iPad display to the lowest comfortable setting. This will keep it at a fixed level so the battery isn’t used up by constant automatic adjustments. To do this, choose Settings>Brightness & Wallpaper, then turn auto brightness off.
- Adjust the auto screen lock on your iPad to about two minutes so that the display will be turned off quickly if not in use. Choose Settings>General>Auto-Lock to adjust this setting.
- Change syncing options to manual so the battery isn’t used up with constant syncing processes. To find this option go to Mail>Contacts>Calendars. Choose off and set “Fetch” to manual.
- Turn off Lock Screen Notifications so your iPad battery isn’t used up with constant notification updates from your social media networks or downloaded apps. To do this, go to Notifications>App>Turn View and set Lock Screen to OFF. Then, disable Push Notifications by choosing Settings>Apps. Choose each app and select Push Notifications to turn each one off.
- When you aren’t using your iPad, turn the cellular data off completely. You can do this by choosing Settings>Cellular Data and turn it off.
- Make sure location services are turned off for any apps that you don’t want to track local places such as restaurants or your location. For this, choose Settings>Choose Location Services and choose off.
- Keep Wi-Fi turned off unless you are using it and also make sure Ask to Join networks are turned off so the battery isn’t being used up by constantly searching for Wi-Fi signals when you don’t want it to. Going to Settings>WiFi will allow you to slide that off.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned off unless you are using it by going to Settings>General>Bluetooth and turning it off.
Resource: Gotta Be Mobile
Incoming search terms:
- how long does an ipad battery last (4)
- how long ipad battery last (1)